Monday, October 17, 2011

Anything But Writing!

I managed, with fantastic creativity, to avoid writing all weekend. I can't write individual blog posts about it, though, for they'd last two weeks, so I'll just list them:

Cleaned
Cleaned out the pool filters
Swept
Vacuumed
Cut out a costume for my daughter (why do I make things from scratch?)
Nearly finished a costume for my daughter
Spray painted a fan and hat silver
Cleaned more
Took out the trash
Did dishes
Made several meals
Practiced Zumba
Watched two movies
Read a book (hated it)
Cleaned more
Went to church
Captured a lizard and set it free outside the house
Helped kids with their piano practice
Played video games

I'm sure I'll think of a dozen other activities I found to keep from writing. Why do I do this, when all I want to do is write? I have a crayon story absolutely burning to be written, and another one about chocolate which is blooming in my head, too. My kids were in bed before eight, but when I sat down to write, finally, at the end of a long weekend, I just couldn't make myself do it.

I guess now is the time. Signing off. I still have two hours before the kids wake up and get ready for school. That's one huge benefit from waking up super early every morning. I might actually get something written!

Unless I can find something else to do instead...

3 comments:

  1. See, for me I use writing to avoid housework. Especially laundry. Which I probably HAVE to do today if I don't want my family to join a nudest colony...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely HATE housework. But the guilt of not doing it kills me... and guilt works the opposite way with my writing, since I make no money at it (as of yet) and my ugly little voices tell me it's a waste of time. That's why this blog exists, to get those voices out of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can come over and do mine next.

    Okay. Nevermind. I hate it myself, so I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

    ReplyDelete